Friday, April 6, 2012

"5," Mr. Rogers, and 7th grade goatees.

            Let's see....what has happened in the past few days that is worthy of posting about?
                                            AH! Here's something.
            I was talking to a friend of mine (we call him "5-" don't ask me why) and we always go to get our lunch together. Well, just the other day, I went with him as usual and he brought $5 to pay for his food. Now normally, he would put it on his tab for later dates, but that day, he wanted change back. Apparently, the cashier was caught off guard and when he asked, all of us in the line waited for about 5 minutes.
                       Needless to say, it was the most awkward 5 minutes I've ever experienced.
             He and I stood there, in silence, just shooting each other with mind bullets and glances that said everything that needed to be said- "Of all days, why would you choose the day with the longest line to ask for change back?" See, the change rolls that had all the quarters he needed weren't open yet and somehow, the cashier had trouble opening them. I turned to my left to see all the people with their spiteful glances, and trust me when I say it was a very short glance. I must've had the fear of God in my eyes, because "5" and I simply stood there, awkwardly coughing to dismiss the silence, only to find that we were utter failures at getting rid of awkwardness. If anything, it made things even MORE awkward than before!!! When he finally got all of his change, the most excruciating time of our young lives were finally over and when I bid him goodbye, I paid my money, but I told her to put the change on my tab and quickly walked away from the line.
                               That moment of my life will never be forgotten.
              So lately, I've been addicted to Olan Rogers videos and I find myself sounding more and more like him as time goes on. It isn't necessarily bad, but when you don't even realize you're quoting something, it shows that you're starting to lose your mind. I mean, I think it's a little early on in my life to be going insane, but what can I say- I've always been an early bloomer (great). I love Olan Rogers and all, but when did I start sounding more like him instead of myself? My dad keeps pointing it out. "Aw, again? I mean, really? Freaking AGAIN?!!?"
              "Stop it, Olan Rogers!"
              I'M NOT OLAN ROGERS, DANG IT!!!! OLAN ROGERS IS OLAN ROGERS!!!!
              Gosh darn it!
              Well, anyhow, just Wednesday (4/4/2012) I was talking to some friends of mine and somehow, we got to the conversation of goatees. Here's what happened- I was standing with some friends (Sofiee, Lieamsh [nickname I made up for him], and Raze [another nickname], but he was kinda just on the side) and we were just kinda chilling, waiting for our rides to come by and pick us up. Randomly, Lieamsh says "I hate it when there are people like 7th graders or something that have goatees when they can barely grow facial hair."
                 "I know! I mean they're, like, these little people that can grow, like, three curly hairs and they just keep them there!" replied Sofiee.
                 "YES! I honestly just wanna take a razor to their faces and just chop it off!"
                  "Yeah, I mean, I don't see a point to it. The same with balding guys- honestly, if they're balding, they should shave it all off," said I, and so the topic was actually a very interesting topic. Really- you should bring goatees to your friends sometime and see where the conversation goes.
                    So yeah.
                                I think that's all I got for you right now.
                                          ......Yep.
                                                                -Yours truly,
                                                                              ________________
            

1 comment:

  1. I was in that line!, it was so akward standing there because the entire line was quiet, and we were all doing the kinda cough thing, but i saw the spiteful glances too, you're not going crazy. But, it could have been worse, someone could have walked up, grabbed the change roll, and threw it into the trash can, yelling "NOT IN MY HOUSE!"

    ReplyDelete